* This blog is dedicated to the bich (oh yes, I KNOW I spelled it wrong!), moderators at TWOP. Without Strenga et AL, I'd be happily posting-away along with the best of them. Unfortunately, TWOP is a little too heavy-handed, high-falootin' and downright unfriendly.
*(added 2011)-Amended to mean Strega's Real Housewives forum(s) and of course those Bravo Blogs that eat your comments w/o posting them. I still visit TWOP for the best snark.


*(Added April 30th, it has come to my attention that some of the rumors posted on this blog are definitely FALSE. Most rumors are clearly labeled as such, but in case I missed any, please keep that in mind)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Real Housewives Wiki-War!

Just a little update here about a serious problem. For years I and other people have been utilizing Wikipedia to source and research, and contribute info. about The Real Housewives.
What I am about to try and explain, has actually happened BEFORE! And the matter was resolved. (the info. was restored).
The information that I am talking-about is the signature, title-card, "quotations".
 "I have a taste for luxury and luxury has a taste for  me"-Sonja Morgan/Season ?
-Those "quotes"-for want of a better way to describe.

Currently, there is what is known as an "edit-war", going-on on Wikipedia. The "quotes", are being deleted and the deletion is being undone and the undoing is being undone again.....
The parties involved, (the ones doing the deleting/removal of information), apparently do not watch the shows and they do not understand the significance of the information no matter how many different ways it is explained.
As far as I am concerned, it is not worth my time to continually police and defend the information when I feel like I am being bullied by Wikipedia editors who are more concerned about Wiki-policy and showing-off their status and knowledge of Wiki-short-cuts on Wikipedia than truly helping to build an encyclopedia of relevant information.
I am going to post a few links to the problem here  THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BEHIND THE SCENES- HERE is the TALK page TRYING to discuss and I'll try and update the situation. In the meantime I am considering claiming the info. and posting it somewhere else for safe-keeping. If I have to write code etc. I may as well be doing something that is not going to be deleted the minute that I let my guard -down.
Although this is a problem concerning The Real Housewives repository of information on Wikipedia, the problem is Global as far as Wikipedia information on ALL topics is concerned. It is a constant battle for legitimate information to remain on Wikipedia. Deletions are rampant in all topics and all you have to do is look at the editors pages to see that they are more concerned with being bureaucratic and showing how powerful they are and knowledgeable about Wiki-policy and short-cut jargon.
That is why sites like EncyclopediaDramatica.org and others are needed.